I received a rod holder from my son for my birthday. He ordered it through the catalog using a credit card. It arrived with a broken foot, a missing part, and wood parts with different finishes. Overall it was very poor quality.

I called to return it and spent a long time on the phone. They agreed to issue a gift card for the amount of the rod holder and the cost of shipping it back.

After a month of not hearing anything I again called Bass Pro. After 55 minutes on the phone trying to find out what happened (even the Bass Pro people were confused). Finally I was connected to an "upper level customer support person." He explained that the cost of the item was credited back to my son's credit card...and so was the $9.66 that I paid to ship it back.

My advise to my son and others: Don't order from the catalogs or online. The quality of the merchandise and customer service is substandard.

Had an Experience with Bass Pro Shops?

Comments

Lehigh Acres, Florida, United States #836557

I was in the Ft Myers store on Saturday .I was looking at a high end item.

After a time a sales person ask me if he could answer any questions. So I asked him the difference between the two items. They were over $500.00 Items. The next thing I know is he just walked away.

I was the only one in the department.I think that is very poor customer service.

I guess I will be going else ware for my marine Items.