The day after Christmas I went to the Bass pro in port st lucie florida to use $400 of gift cards and get a reel given to me for Christmas spooled with line I already had.I was told since I did not buy the reel or line there they would not spool it.

I had already used my $400 gift cards to purchase a EPIRB and was astounded to be turned down on something as simple as spooling a reel. The manager was " too busy " to talk to me at that time so I left the store. I called the store later that day and was told he was still too busy and would call me back. Well, that never happened !

I have been shopping at Bass pro for many many years and have spent 1,000's of dollars there. But that EPIRB will be the last $$$$$$$ Bass Pro's ever see's of mine. I just took that reel and line to Tuppens marine in Lake Worth Fl and they were more then happy to spool it for free.

While I was there I was happy to spend another $500 on tackle and gear !So goodbye Bass pro and hello Tuppens !!!!

Review about: Bass Pro Shops Manager.

Comments

BassProShopsCares
Bass Pro Shops Verified Representative

We sincerely apologize for the issue you have encountered regarding the spooling of a reel at the Port St.Lucie retail store.

We hope to rectify the situation with you personally and provide your comments to our Retail Administration department as well as the store manager. Please contact us with the details of the situation along with your name and phone number at basspro@custhelp.com. Thank you for your feedback.

We look forward to your response.-ANA