Austin, Texas

Update by user Jan 07, 2014

The manager has promptly contacted me, and the issue has been resolved.

Original review posted by user Jan 06, 2014

Less then two weeks ago I made the horrific decision to purchase a Benelli Super Vinci from basspro shops. As I have purchased firearms from this store before I though it would be seamless.

Unfortunately, this was not the case and I feel "robbed." The sales person was truly incompetent, and down right "scary", handling this transaction worse then I dreamt possible. The gun- which I paid over $1700 cash for came scratched in two places (visible after I rubbed off some gunk on the barrel.) and it gets better... The sales person also knocked the gun over when trying to box it- which alone took an hour as he couldn't locate the box.. I have spent thousands at basspro and have always believed in them backing their product..

After firing this product once- the morning after purchasing it, it jams non stop (a local gun smith informed me a part was missing and that it was bass pros fault as when they assembled this display item they didn't assemble it correctly.) upon talking to customer service, they told me I was out of luck since it had been fired. Truly a disappointment in Basspro as I was treated with such disregard as to customer satisfaction and quality.

I was sold a scratched, defected gun by an incompetent sales team member. Such a shame.

Comments