I had done my research and decided which new fishing rod and reel that I was going to purchase. Four clerks were in the fishing dept.

chatting among them selves, it was Memorial Day and the store was not crowded and the one guy who decided to assist seemed annoyed that I was there. I asked about the reel that I wanted and he pointed to it in the glass case. I had to ask him to get it out so I could examine it. I told him that's what I wanted, a $279 purchase and now we needed rod.

He pointed two aisles down and had no interest in assisting me with getting the rod down from the display. I returned to the desk and asked for line to spool the reel with, again he pointed to the back wall where the line was located. I was taken by his absolute reluctance to provide any assistance. When I returned this time with the line he was no where to be found, the other clerk said he went to the bathroom.

I waited a few minutes and then informed the clerk that I was annoyed and concerned about the poor service and I wanted to get the reel spooled so I could leave. He leaves and comes back with this cute, friendly young lady who quickly spooled my reel, answered some questions and demonstrated an ability to tie a good fishing knot. Her name was April and this store is in Tallahassee, Florida. She saved my purchase and the other clerks in the fishing dept.

aren't sales people and have caused me to think twice about shopping there again. When I checked out I showed my Veterans Preference ID and asked about the veterans discount, the clerk told me the discount was applied. When I got home the sales receipt indicated a discount for the rod and line, but the $279 reel was not discounted. I live down on the forgotten coast and the store is 40 miles away, I wish I had looked at the receipt before I left the store.

I just took the clerks word for it that she had given me the discount.

All in all, I would rather support the local tackle shop than deal with the hassle of the big box corporate scheme. Terry Joe Chapman

Product or Service Mentioned: Bass Pro Shops Sales Representative.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: I want the veterans discount on the $279 purchase and to compensated for the time to travel back to the store to see the manager..

Comments

Kloee

Terry, I'm so sorry you had such a poor experience in our Tallahassee store! We'd like very much the opportunity to address this situation further.

Please send us your name, phone number, and description of the situation at basspro@custhelp.com, and we'll be more than happy to pursue this further.

We hope to hear from you soon! Best Regards, NSK.

Bass Pro Shops Reviews