Gale C Pwn
map-marker Manhattan Beach, California

So it’s the banks fault not Bass Pro shops because we love Bass Pro shops

My dad recently received a bill from Bass Pro Shop; actually, it was from Capital, the bank doing the financing. There was a $27 late fee on this bill, but we had never received a bill, so therefore we never paid it. We talked to three different people at the bank, and they said it's our financial responsibility to find out when the bill is due, not theirs. Well, unfortunately, Bass Pro Shop will probably lose a customer over $27.
Loss:
Pros:
  • Wonderful store
Cons:
  • Financial institution that does all their financing

User's recommendation: Find out when your bill is due don’t assume they are going to send you a bill

Nick W Isa

Verified Buyer

Make their own ATF regulations

Bass Pro Shops - Make their own ATF regulations
Bass Pro Shops - Make their own ATF regulations - Image 2

I ordered two firearms online and had them available for pickup at the Glendale, AZ store. Order W21642****.

I scheduled my pickup time for 1100 hours today.

When I was called to the counter I showed my Arizona drivers license, my other creds and MY current water bill from the City of Phoenix government. They asked if the address on my DL was correct and I told them it was my mailing address as my residence address is redacted. They told me they could not sell the firearms without me having my residence address on my license as that was an ATF rule. I told him I could have lied and said the PO Box was my residence, but I didnt need to.

I told them that was not a federal law and he insisted it was a rule and didnt want to get in trouble.

He refunded the amount (which is still pending) and I left without any purchase.

The instructions on page 5 of the ATF 4473, question 18b, Supplemental Documentation clearly states that other documents such as the City government water bill are acceptable, according to the law. Im not aware on any hidden ATF rules and I have not had any issues prior to this.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: Don’t waste your time buying firearms here

Guest

Unfortunately if you choose not to put your residence/street address on your DL you may run into this type of trouble.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2481104

Great observation.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-2481228

Thank you! I thought it was too!

View more comments (2)
Resolved
James W Yvy

| map-marker Branson, Missouri

Resolved: Worst customer service I have ever had

Updated by user Mar 24, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology.

Original review Mar 16, 2024
Ordered 479.00 8lb powder. *** pro Website said shipped . No tracking. 7 days later no info. Customer service said wait 10 days but it might take 30 days to come from the Utah warehouse. Never came. Was told can't issue a refund until it comes to store and they cannot find it. Finally got forceful and demanded a supervisor. She immediately issued a refund. Never order from bass pro. It comes from their warehouses and they ship without a manifest which is against the law. They don't know what they have on the trucks.
Loss:
Cons:
  • Are all cons

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Do not order from bass pro

Christina B Loz
map-marker Council Bluffs, Iowa

Would not sell my husband a gun even though he had all the ids he needed.

Would not sell a gun to my husband even though he had his license, fishing license, and permit to carry. Missed out on a $3000 sale because the guy at the gun counter wanted to be unpleasant.
Cons:
  • Bad customer service

Preferred solution: Better customer service

User's recommendation: Go to scheels.

Je R Vwr

| map-marker Manteca, California

Sent from Proton Mail for iOS

Bass pro

I rarely file complaints but I do think I would be remiss if I did not address this issue . I have a serious concern about a recent purchase I made at bass pro in Manteca .I purchased a firearm there and filled out the required forms according to the clerk and was cleared according to dros by 11/2/23.

I did call prior and ask if I was able to pick it up as I did on a prior purchase of a firearm here and was told to come in and pick it up.The initial clerk I dealt with was extremely cordial at first , we went through the normal procedures, upon the secondary confirmation which took a little while the secondary said there was a discrepancy between the use of my middle name on my motorcycle registration and my drivers license. At this time he said he needed to confer with a manager. I had to wait again for him to come out and review. After which he said that they could not release because of the middle name on my registration.

I informed him that when I made the initial purchase this was known and the clerk who helped me with the transaction did asked a colleague if that would be a problem to which she said no. After telling him this the attending Supervisor at the time of pick up then asked ,what was my legal name and I showed my birth certificate which is the same as is registered on my drivers license and billing. They then made a copy of my birth certificate. Im not certain as to why they made the copy, but the atmosphere felt different, the supervisor said they still could not release my purchase and the initial clerk said somehow things had changed since I produced my birth certificate.The initial clerk and the supervisor went in the back office to converse, and the secondary approached me and began to tell me the process of getting a refund.

Im not sure why we were not now discussing a solution, but a refund. I told him I would come back and redo it since there was a problem.I waited for the supervisor and the initial clerk to return for a while longer. The first clerk who was initially handling the release came out and I told him that I had to leave, I had been waiting too long according to my schedule for the day. He was speaking to someone on a headset and he said this guy is trying to run out of the door ?

the attitude was markedly different.I asked what would be a more convenient time to come back according to the conversation we had earlier about busy times at the store. It is very busy and wait times are long on certain days and times. I told him I would return and restart the process. I returned and repeated and after a week I received a letter from the State of California firearms clearance section regarding the purchase informing me that a hold had been placed for 30 days.

I have only had this experience but once before with a purchase I made at On Target Firearms in Modesto. I am not one to force my business on anyone, if my business is not welcome ,I have no issue there , but I am concerned about why the initial background check was cleared to go forward with my middle name and why the clerks were not knowledgeable about any potential problems that might arise, if indeed that was the issue. Furthermore even after being cleared, the release was held, and after that determination a copy of my birth certificate was obtained. Ive never encountered this before.

I cant imagine that your company has never encountered the issue of a middle name being on one document and would not know how to proceed. And I am most concerned with why a copy of my birth certificate was made if it was not used for clearance what it was used for?

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: I have no recommendations at this time as the issue has not yet been resolved

map-marker Phoenix, Arizona

Gun purchase

When filling out the gun application, I clicked the wrong box. And now I can no longer purchase a firearm from bass pro. Shop ... Even having no criminal history, I cannot purchase a firearm there because I clicked the wrong box ridiculous!!!

User's recommendation: Shop someplace else

Guest

"I clicked the wrong box", so you're here complaining about yourself? Pay attention to what you're doing next time.

Corey L Tuk

| map-marker Ooltewah, Tennessee

Treating me like I was a criminal because I answered a question wrong on 4473

Im a United States citizen never had a felony I buy guns all the time from other dealers. I even have a concealed carry permit from the state of Tennessee. Im assuming I read or misunderstood a question on 4473. Instead of helping me they literally treated me like I was a criminal. There was no background check done or help given They called a manager to gun counter and pattend each other on the back and really felt good about the criminal they stop. I even gave them my concealed carry permit

User's recommendation: Don’t buy a firearm from Bass pro shop they would rather tell their selves they stop someone from buying a gun today

map-marker Springfield, Missouri

45 years of loyalty to be get slapped in the face qqwith I am not good enough.

I have been a loyal Bass Pro customer for 45 years. I own my own company and make a very good living. I have dreamed for 40 years to buy a bass boat from Bass Pro and afford it. I have worked hard to get where I am, only to feel as though being slapped in the face and made to feel as, "I am not good enough!". I will never look, speak or think of bass pro the same again!! Thank you for showing me your true thoughts of a lifetime long customer. Rick Birt RLB ELECTRIC REMODEL & REPAIR

User's recommendation: I hope they don't hurt you as deep as they did me!

Randy H Yfw
map-marker Katy, Texas

Online shopping experience

Ref W21354****

I recently purchased a order wit Bass Pro Shop that was a disaster.

I called the Katy store to see if they had a gun in stock I wanted to purchase. I spoke to someone in the gun department and I told him what I was looking for and would buy on line and come pick it up.

He acknowledged it was in stock and I told him I would place the order online and come pick it up. This is similar process used by other major retail sporting good stores.

I receive a conformation and a couple days later I drove 89 miles one way to pick up the gun. When I arrived they said there was no gun for me. Even though they had guns in stock, I could only pick up the gun that was being shipped to them from their warehouse.

After a long discussion with staff there I called BPS customer service. After speaking to 2 people I finally spoke to a manager who said I would have to cancel my order and a credit would be issued in 2-3 days. I explained after the experience I was not sure I would get my refund and be paying for the gun twice.

He acknowledged that and felt they were totally at fault and offered me $75 credit for the travel inconvenience. I receive the credit.

I received a e-mail a couple days later the gun was receive and ready for pick up.

The next morning I received another email confirming my order was canceled.

I called their customer service department again I was met with resistance in trying to resolve the issue.

(One of the persons was a little rude after wanting to speak to a manager. I was finally transference to a manager who said the same thing the other people were saying, but I asked if she would contact the Katy store to be sure they would save the gun for me and I would drive back to get it. She tried to reach them while I was on the phone but could not reach someone there. She said she would call me back to confirm.

Someone from BPS called me a little later while I was on the phone with a customer of mine. No voice mail was left so I called the number back and went to customer service and spoke to someone where I got the run around again. Again I spoke to a manager who pretty much said she could not help me. After going through this ordeal she said she would cal, the Katy store and see what could be done.

I decided to drive to the store where in fact the spoke to the store manger who put the gun on old.

After waiting 30 minutes to speak to a sales person they pulled the gun out for me.

(Just a FYI your system of having to check in to get in line to speak to a salesman sucks.

While waiting the salespeople were busy talking and not really caring about people waiting)

Once I finished the paperwork and ready to check out, they were going to sell me the gun for $100 more than what I purchased it for. This took an act of god to get resolved and finally completed the transaction.

Bass Pro Shop has really fallen in their customer service and showing any willingness to help customers.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Poor customer service and in store system fore firearms purchase

Preferred solution: The $75 did not come close to mileage cost or hassle from BPS

User's recommendation: Do not buy from BPS!

map-marker Minden, Louisiana

Gun purchase denial.

I bought a Glock 43xmos on line and was picking it up at Bass Pro. I was taking the background check. The PC that I was on flashed off twice while I was answering questions. The salesman would rebute it. I was told that I failed and had a lifetime ban from gun purchases. A month before I passed one at another gun store and purchased a Gen 5 Glock 19. I then I got my carry permit. I cut up my Bass Pro card.

User's recommendation: Go some where else.

Corianne Anq
map-marker Wichita, Kansas

Check on order

Ordered 3reels and 3 rods this morning. Money taken out of bank account. Waiting on email confirmation. Im not putting my card information on anything and I dont want to join anything. I just need someone to find my order for 79.82. Bank account list the money went to ZEBJEE. Please help.
Guest

I hope it wasn't one of those scam websites that impersonates legit companies. Have you reached out to Bass Pro to see if they actually have your order?

Guest

Yup they are definitely a scam! Someone is gonna reimburse my $95!

Same happened to me

View more comments (2)
Brian W Nrr

| map-marker Panama City, Florida

Horrible lengthy service in firearms. The worst I’ve ever had.

Not enough help. Ive been here 3 hours to pick up a gun I bought on line to ship to store. Bring a tent, youll need one.

User's recommendation: Don’t go there.

James R Vfc

Bad online experience

I was never able to get in contact with a customer service representative by phone, email or chat! Also I was not being allowed to use my 1st customer use discount or the new card member discount! VERY UNHAPPY

Preferred solution: Being to use my card on line ( I live over 1 1/2 hours away) and get the offered discounts or $$ off a purchase!

User's recommendation: Don’t apply for the card if you intend on using it online, want happen

Daylin Opj
map-marker Chicago, Illinois

Terrible policies

I had to drive over an hour then wait hours just to fill out my forms only to get a call the next day that ONE number is off and they expect me to drive back out and do it all over. I asked for a refund and now they are saying that I have come in person to do that as well. IT WAS AN ON LINE ORDER!!!

User's recommendation: If you have any other options use them.

William J Dpn

Verified Reviewer

I am an employee and need to speak with IT

I am an employee of Cabelas in Waco, TX and to speak with IT regarding log in issues. Need a new password.
Tammy L Jzr

New location

I like in Lake Charles, Louisiana and I think we have the perfect location for a Bass Pro or Cabelas. We have a huge lake right off I-10 interstate. We have a host of tourists with three casinos and we draw a lot of others off the interstate to explore Southwest Louisianas culture of music, festivals, and of course, delicious food! There is a store in Houston, one in Denim Springs, and one in Bossier City. We are tight in between, approximately 3 hours away for the nearest locations. I hope you would consider us fir a location. Thanks, Tammy LeBlanc

Preferred solution: A new location in Lake Charles, La.

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article