It's hard enough being a Black man in america as everyone sees in the news all the outright discrimination that occurs each day being beat, shot and killed by police while being unarmed and compliant etc.... but when I stopped in the bass pro shop in Auburn hills mi.

everything seemed fine at first until I checked out at the fishing center, The guy rang me for 5 fishing lures after I charged them on my credit card he dropped 2 on the floor as I was putting my cc card back i my wallet I noticed him only putting 1 back in the bag then he hands me the bag and says here you go! I looked in the bag and notice only 4 so I asked wheres the 5th one? he proceeds to act like he's looking around in the area then I noticed him reaching under the register tossing the missing bag in his other hand like it was on the floor then he just says 5!

not oh sorry or here you go my mistake, needless to say every person of color should shop other places that won't try and rip you off because of who you are.... He rang up other customers with no issues when he got to me I felt the atmosphere change its a shame.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bass Pro Shops Customer Care.

Company wrote 0 private and 1 public responses to the review from Jun 22.

Comments

couldnt he just be a thief? thieves have no color...

BassProShopsCares
Bass Pro Shops Verified Representative

MysteriousWhaleShark, we sincerely apologize for your poor customer service experience. So that we may report this issue to our Retail Administration and the store manager, please email the details of your trip to basspro@custhelp.com.

Please include your name, phone number, and the store location in which this occurred. Thank you.

Have a great day. –ANA