This weekend my son and I traveled to BPS in Harrisburg, PA 4 half hour round trip. BPS has always been fantastic with a 10 percent military discount which covers cost of gas.

Went to buy Carbonlite rod reel combos, sold out no rain check not mentioned in ad. Spent approximately 780 dollars on five rods and other items. Had BPS Mastercard and coupon to save 75 dollars. Cashier said I could also use military discount. Was very happy.

When I got home and looked at receipt numbers were way off, they did not give me the 75 Mastercard coupon, instead gave me a 5 percent military discount. Military discount was half of what coupon was worth and cashier acted like I received both. BPS punished me for being in the USMC for 30 years.

I have received at least a dozen emails from BPS in past two weeks none mentioned reduction in military discount, 10 percent to 5 percent which had been greatly appreciated. I have been a customer since the 1980s not anymore. I feel like I was robbed.

Also had a 10 dollar birthday coupon that she said I could use, did not get credit for that either.

Review about: Bass Pro Shops Deal.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments

If they are really exploring ways to help veterans and armed forces then they would have not canceled military discounts on ammunition. What a way to say thanks for serving our country. To me that's disrespectful to all military and veterans.

BassProShopsCares
Bass Pro Shops Verified Representative

Tmcrowley, we sincerely apologize for the issues you recently experienced while shopping in our Harrisburg, PA store. In order to report your comments and concerns to our Retail Administration team, please contact us directly at basspro@custhelp.com.

Please include your name, phone number, and details of the issue, so that we may further assist you. We’re as committed as ever to honoring the military, veterans and their families. The 5% military discount is now available every day, year-round at all Cabela’s and Bass Pro Shops stores in both the U.S. and Canada.

We’re continuing to evaluate the best way to support the armed forces, veterans and their families based on customer feedback, input from military/veterans organizations and our team members. We look forward to hearing from you.

Have a wonderful day! –ANA