Today, I went to Bass Pro Shop in Round Rock, Texas to purchase a gift for my grandson's birthday. While inside the store I encountered a woman who was loosely holding the chain with a grown pit bull dog on the end while she chatted with a friend.

I asked 3 store employees and was told as long as the dog is on a chain, it is allowed.

Just two days ago, I had 4 grandchildren ages 3,4,7,and 8 with me in the store while we waited for the bowling lanes to open. They were all having a good time in the store checking out the large aquarium and playing with the toys. I hate to think what would have happened had the lady with the pit bull dog been in the store and the dog had become upset as the children were enjoying themselves, just being children. I sincerely doubt the lady with the dog could have restrained him if he had become upset and made a run at the little ones.

I do not feel like Bass Pro Shop has the safety of children at heart, especially when there are widespread warnings of the dangers of pit bulls.

The privilege of these dog owners has extended to the point of potentially endangering children. This policy needs to be immediately changed.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bass Pro Shops Customer Care.

Reason of review: Pit Bull in the store.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

I'm also concerned about dogs in stores. I've seen it in the supermarket and the health food store.

It's outragous. Neither dog was a service dog.

One was a hyper pit bull, the other a yappie Yorkie. I haven't been back to either store since.

BassProShopsCares

Concernedaboutthis, thank you for reaching out to us with your concerns. Customer feedback is valuable in contributing to our desire to provide the best service possible.

In order to report your feedback to the store manager and Retail Administration, please email the details of your experience along with your name and a daytime phone number to basspro@custhelp.com.

Thank you. –ANA