7000 Arundel Mills Circle, Hanover, Maryland 21076, United States

On Wednesday, December 27, I went to the Bass Pro Shop in Arundel Mills, Maryland to purchase a Remington Express 870. I had previously visited the store on Saturday, December 23 and an employee said they had none of the models I was looking for in stock.

I asked if I could place a hold or put an item on layaway when a new shipment came in, and the employee said I could not. I then went online to the Bass Pro website and used their tool to check availability for the gun I was trying to purchase. The website said Bass Pro had seven of the shotgun I was looking for at the Arundel Mills Bass Pro! I called the Arundel Mills Bass Pro Shop and they confirmed that they had 7 of the specific model I was looking for.

Elated, I went into the shop and went to the gun counter. First it took several 40 minutes for someone to meet me. When I asked for the model, the employee said they had none in. I told them about the phone conversation I had had and he then admitted he had the seven shotguns, but they were on hold for other people.

I then demanded to speak to his manager, who took an hour to appear, and the manager repeated the whole speal.

My issue is why does your website say you have an item, and I call and your employees confirm it is in a location and available, but then you tell me the gun is on hold after you told me three days ago you could not put a gun on hold? Thank you for wasting my time.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bass Pro Shops Website.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Bass Pro Shops Cons: Sales, Customer service, Sales associate, Item on hold.

• Bass Pro Shop Complaints
  • Firearm Selection And Service
  • Rip Off City

Comments

Ebelin

One month later and I am still waiting for a response from Bass Pro customer service. After logging the info in their system, I received a standard response saying it had been forwarded to the appropriate department and I should receive an update

Kloee

Good morning, Sailorboy86. We apologize for the poor customer service you received in regard to the purchase of a Remington Express 870 Shotgun.

Customer feedback is very important to us and we kindly ask that you email the details of your experience to basspro@custhelp.com. Please include your name, phone number, and store location. Thank you.

We hope you have a great day! –ANA

Ebelin