3.5

I recently had problems with my atv and took it to the nearest Bass Pro on 01/08/2018. Unit was misfiring and muffler became "cherry red".

After leaving it for nearly four weeks, calling periodically for a progress status, I was notified that it needed a full service (10hr break-in was done in 02/2017. the unit currently has 20+ hours) and that the problem was a faulty spark plug. I was told that fuel had been filling the cylinder and running into the engine crankcase. I told the person if thats what was needed, then proceed.

I called Monday 02/05/2018 and asked what the charges were. I was told $105 and change. I arrived to pick up and pay the bill and was told the amount was now $551.82. I reluctantly paid and proceeded to load up my atv when I noticed damage to the headlights and cowling (scratches after R&R ) and the shifter bezel was broken.

I brought it to the attention of the "New" service manager on his first day and he said he would order a new bezel and call when it comes in. As far as the scratches he said they could touch up with a little paint which being in the auto repair business for 40 yrs, you can't fill scratches in plastic with paint. I have no confidence in your service facility , nor will I take my atv back. I have had little time to thoroughly go over everything that was done and I've had to tighten a few screws and clear some wiring away from what I consider chafe or wear points.

Additionally they didn't follow up with extended warranty claim adjuster to see if problems were covered.

Personally I think $200.00 to check a switch is a bit inflated. I have notified my experience with Arctic Cat Corporate Customer Service, have not received any correspondence as of yet.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bass Pro Shops Atv Repair.

Reason of review: Inflated labor and damage to ATV.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Bass Pro Shops Pros: Sells person was very nice, Variety of outdoor items.

Bass Pro Shops Cons: Customer service.

Comments

BassProShopsCares

We are very sorry for the difficulties you have encountered regarding the repairs to your ATV. In order to assist you further, we ask that you please contact Bass Pro Shops with your name, a good daytime phone number, and the description of events which occurred, including location, in an email to basspro@custhelp.com.

Your satisfaction is at the utmost importance to us and we look forward to finding a solution with you.

Thank you. –ANA