2.2
Layout of Store

My wife and I had traveled over to Destin from Panama City last weekend to update my fishing tackle and some apparel.First thing I noticed is they rearranged the store.

It felt very disorganized and the clothing were expensive and of poor quality, and I didn't notice any sale items. On ward to the tackle. Couldn't find my hooks, the deepwater jigs were cheapo China junk, and just an overall poor selection of quality items. So cut the chase and go see what reels I'm going to need.

Now I'm holding a spinning reel and needed to seen the two larger ones and the help told me they are just the same as the little 3500 I was holding. I told he they were not and he begins to argue with me. Luckily a young man behind the counter hearing the conversation came up and played some interference, and the other retrieved me the reels. Things were better other than they really were pushing the hi end Penns.

Now I move to the rod racks. WHAT A MESS! They are set on 3 different levels and against the window facing hwy 98. There was no way you could see the rod tips for the glare of light in your face and could not tell the length without having to read each and every one!

I'm sure there were plenty or rod tip damage from longer rods being placed on the upper rack hitting the ceiling. Wife says ok lets move on and find a soft tackle bag. WOW really?!!! Looked like a pile of garbage that we dug through and could not find my bag and again such poor quality.

I tried my best to buy something but it was not going to happen. So we met up with friends and decided to grab some Mexican lunch across the street. Told my wife we needed to go back in for some ammo and check out upstairs. Well the food was horrid and all we could do is run to the car and get out of there!

All of us were so disappointment and I had bought absolutely nothing. What a waste of time and money!

BTW that rod rack has to go and displayed at one level away from that window!Sad

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Improve quality and price structuing and offer dicounted items. .

I liked: Aquarium.

Comments

BassProShopsCares
Springfield, Missouri, United States #1324077
Bass Pro Shops Verified Representative

Anonymous, I'm so sorry to hear about your poor experience in our Destin store!We'd very much like the opportunity to pursue this further.

So that we can do so, we ask that you please email us at basspro@custhelp.com, and provide the following information: your full name, phone number, a brief explanation of the issue, the store at which the issue occurred, and any additional details you would like to provide.

We hope to hear from you soon!Best Regards, NSK.