Stone Mountain, Georgia

On 08/24/14 I went to the Macon, GA store on Bass Road with the sales brochure for August 18-September 1st. I was wanting to look at the advertised "Bass Pro Shops Instant 12x12 Canopy" on sale for $59.97, regularly $144.99.

The ad did state "Limit 2 per Purchase". I was advised that the store had only received "6" of these items for this sale and that that I could not get a rain check for this item, and that the store would not be receiving any additional canopies. I have been a regular customer of Bass Pro for many years and have spent a great deal of money with your company. My questions: Is this really a professional way to run a sales promotion?

Was the intent a mere bait and switch opportunity?

As a disappointed customer, I suspect I will be spending more time and money with Cabela's and Gander Mountain since they are new to my area. Please let an advertisement manager know that if the ad had said "limited quantities available" I would not be so disappointed in Bass Pro!

Product or Service Mentioned: Bass Pro Shops Deal.

Comments