I recently received a couple of gift cards to Bass Pro via a web promotion. I decided I would check out the site to use them.

After perusing for a while I noticed a trend of prices from 20-70% higher than the vast majority of internet retailers. I figured at that point "whatever it's free money, I'm sure I can find something." After browsing a bit I found an item I was interested in and proceeded to check out. That's when the real surprise came! No free shipping under $75, that's right, in the year 2017 they offer a budget option at $6.99.

As ridiculous as that is in this day and time I even sprang for the $8.99 STANDARD shipping, yep you read that right, 9 bucks to ship a $35 item. For the mathematicians among us that's right at a quarter of the value of the overpriced item. Then the wait began, day one "processing", day two the same, day three same ol thing. Finally on day four I received an update and received the item on day five.

By far, very far the worst online shopping experience I've had in many years. Save your money, save your time and buy from Amazon like the rest of the civilized world and avoid a formerly decent company that has fallen in love with their own image, the "Hillbilly GAP"

Product or Service Mentioned: Bass Pro Shops Shipping Service.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments

BassProShopsCares

Good morning, Anonymous. We are sorry to hear of the poor experience that you encountered.

Please email details to basspro@custhelp.com so that we can review further.

We look forward to hearing from you! -BNM