Manchester, New Hampshire

Went into the Hooksett Nh store to purchse a bow for my son. The archery counter had 2 people in line as to be expected 2 weeks before bow season.

We selected the bow he wanted and went up to the counter to get in line. Once in line an associate informed us that it might be a few minutes till he got to us which we said was fine and we can wait. About 45 minutes later another associate came over and asked if we were all set, I said we need this bow set up he said ok. He had my son draw it back to see if the poundage was correct while at the same time "eye balling" his draw length he set the draw length to what he thought was correct and asked if we needed anything else.

I said arrows he selected and cut arrows then started to ring us out. I had to ask the associate if my son could try the bow before we left he said oh yea thats fine... He took a few shots then we left because the employee seemed uninterested in getting this bow set up 100% I then realized that the associate never aligned the arrow rest or leveld the arrow and string loop. So basically this bow is not set up or safe to shoot.

When I got outside the string stop fell out of the bow and the quiver slid down off the mount. I then looked in my bag and there was a package of field tips in there that I did not ask for or know I bought. This is my 18 year old sons first bow and im disappointed that I had to fix things when I got home and try to explain to him why.

I shop at bass pro 2-3 times a week and own many bowsand know the correct way to set them up. I am very unhappy with the service and questioning if I picked the right place to buy a bow.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bass Pro Shops Customer Care.

Comments

BassProShopsCares
#1208589

Good morning, Anonymous. We are very sorry to hear of the poor experience that you encountered during your recent trip to Bass Pro Shops.

We would like to take this opportunity to forward your comments to the store manager and our Retail Administration Team for review. Please email us at basspro@custhelp.com and include your contact phone number as well as any additional details that you would like passed along (please also mention this post).

We look forward to hearing from you! -BNM