2.1

I have been a loyal customer of BPS for years. However no longer will I purchase any products from BPS due to the following reasons: I wanted to purchase a new shotgun for duck season $1,500 - $2,000 was my budget.

I showed up early at the BPS in Rocklin CA went to the gun counter and was the only one there . There were three sales people behind the counter they looked at me and wached me stand there for ten minutes until finally one if the salesman yelled out that "anyone who wants to look at a gun must take a number and wait in line", once again I was the only one there? I left and proceeded to purchase a gun at Sportsmans Warehouse in Rocklin CA , where I also encountered three other guys who had the same experience and who were also purchasing guns. I have heard the same story from all of the guys in my duck club as well as others.

Today I went into the same BPS to purchase some shotgun shells with a BPS gift card I received for X-mas. I grabbed a couple boxes of Federal Red Box and proceeded to the check out counter only to wait in line for 20 minutes . Once I finally got to the register I was told that the price for the shells would be $68.41? I told the cashier that the shells were clearly marked as $18.99 per box.

I was told that I was not correct and asked if I still wanted them . I demanded that they verify the price. Another cashier looked at the box and said that she was correct. I declined to make purchase and asked that the transaction be revised and that the gift cards be credited , I was told that I would need to go to another counter in order to complete this process.

I told the cashier to keep the shells, the BPS gift card and left. I proceeded to another store purchased the same ammo for $17.50 and was done in less than 5 minutes. I tried to buy a fishing license for my daughters boyfriend who just turned 16. I was told by a BPS person that you need to have a drivers license to purchase a fishing license.

I explained that he just turned 16 and did not drive yet. I asked if any other form of ID would work, passport , State ID and was told that " you can only buy a fishing license if you have a drivers license"? I proceeded home a bought the license online with his star ID. The BPS staff does not know what they are talking about.

Bottom line BPS customer service is terrible, I have two more gift cards that I am going to toss in the trash. Not worth the hassle!!!! High prices and poor service.

I have heard this same story from a lot of people who have sworn to never walk into BPS again. I now belong to that same group.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bass Pro Shops Customer Care.

Comments

BassProShopsCares

Hello, Anonymous. We are very sorry for the poor experience that you encountered during your recent visits to the Rocklin Bass Pro.

We would like to take this opportunity to forward your concerns to both store management and our Retail Administration Team for review. Please email your name, phone number, and all pertinent details to basspro@custhelp.com and please mention this post as well.

We look forward to hearing from you! -BNM