1.9
Layout of Store

The current ad features a Winchester model 101 ultimate Field or Sporting 12 ga. with 28" or 30" barrel for $999. I called and they had the 28" on display. I drove to the store and shouldered this shotgun. It fit me and I wanted it, but in the 30" length. The salesperson went to the storage area and found it in 30". He opened up the box and I liked it. He then offered an extra $100 discount if I opened a Bass Pro charge that day. He said it would bring the price to $899.

I agreed to purchase it and we began the lengthy process to open the charge, get Fed approval for the purchase, and finally pay for the shotgun. The Fed online approval had some glitches and it took many times to get through the process. I finally got to pay and the register rung up $1399.

The salesperson looked at the fine print under the description in the ad and pointed out the price on the "Sporting" was shown as $1399. It was not identified as the only way to get the 30" barrel however. I declined the upcharge and left the store with a useless new charge card.

Two people witnessed this entire process and told me they hate to go to Bass Pro, but had a gift card to redeem. After seeing how I was treated, they were thinking of throwing their card away and going Cabella's.

I will never go back to Bass Pro.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of sales people who are not aware of their advertising and pricing. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss pricing issue of winchester repeating arms 101 over/under shotgun. Bass Pro Shops needs to have the product delivered according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned winchester repeating arms 101 over/under shotgun in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Bass Pro Shops. You can also consider other company suggested by the author: Ebay.

Had an Experience with Bass Pro Shops?

Comments

This is a case of an uneducated shopper. Apparently no research was done and this shopper had very little knowledge of shotguns. The 101 Ultimate Sporting is a GREAT gun and worth every penny by the way.

Schaumburg, Illinois, United States #1261189

Going to Cabellas isnt gonna help your case now that BPS owns them :)

Riverside, California, United States #1230916

Educate yourself before making any purchase... The Sporting has a higher MSRP than the Field grade, many more advanced features, and the Field grade is only available in 26" and 28" models.

Ignorance does not equate to bait and switch, sorry.