Bass Pro Shops - Bait and switch shotgun on sale for $999, rung up $1399.
The current ad features a Winchester model 101 ultimate Field or Sporting 12 ga. with 28" or 30" barrel for $999. I called and they had the 28" on display. I drove to the store and shouldered this shotgun. It fit me and I wanted it, but in the 30" length. The salesperson went to the storage area and found it in 30". He opened up the box and I liked it. He then offered an extra $100 discount if I opened a Bass Pro charge that day. He said it would bring the price to $899.
I agreed to purchase it and we began the lengthy process to open the charge, get Fed approval for the purchase, and finally pay for the shotgun. The Fed online approval had some glitches and it took many times to get through the process. I finally got to pay and the register rung up $1399.
The salesperson looked at the fine print under the description in the ad and pointed out the price on the "Sporting" was shown as $1399. It was not identified as the only way to get the 30" barrel however. I declined the upcharge and left the store with a useless new charge card.
Two people witnessed this entire process and told me they hate to go to Bass Pro, but had a gift card to redeem. After seeing how I was treated, they were thinking of throwing their card away and going Cabella's.
I will never go back to Bass Pro.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Layout of Store|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Sales people who are not aware of their advertising and pricing
You May Also Like
- "On 10/3/14, I purchased a Sig Sauer P250 Sub-compact .40cal, item #93496. The order, as described, was for the gun with two 12 round magazines. I received an email confirming..."
- "I bought two pocket hoses. One of 25' on August 3, 2013 and another one of 50' in July 20, 2013. I paid for both $29.97 without tax. Both..."
- "After having our dinner which took longer than I expected, I recommended a dinner presentation to my sister. The next morning I called to see if everything was good...."
- "Months of wasted time!!! I'm so pissed right now that I could spit nails. The launch of our new business has now been put on hold indefinitely due to the..."
- "After being pleased with six months of Urthbox subscribership, I noticed that the subscription had unexpected renewed itself. I was not too concerned, and asked customer service to please cancel..."
- "Ordered and paid, nothing shipped, no tracking, but took my money SCAM!!!!!!..."
- "This review is about an experience I have had with my local Jewel Foods store, located at Grand and Hunt Club Rd. in Gurnee. A month ago, I asked that..."
- "Thank you, 304monarch, Typically I'm pretty good at not feeling shameful in regards to google price checking or looking at product reviews I need in front of whoever before purchasing..."
- "Lowe's Customer Service is horrible. I shopped online and put 3 items into my shopping cart, a total cost of $60-something. What happened next, the truck delivery charges are displayed..."