The current ad features a Winchester model 101 ultimate Field or Sporting 12 ga. with 28" or 30" barrel for $999. I called and they had the 28" on display. I drove to the store and shouldered this shotgun. It fit me and I wanted it, but in the 30" length. The salesperson went to the storage area and found it in 30". He opened up the box and I liked it. He then offered an extra $100 discount if I opened a Bass Pro charge that day. He said it would bring the price to $899.
I agreed to purchase it and we began the lengthy process to open the charge, get Fed approval for the purchase, and finally pay for the shotgun. The Fed online approval had some glitches and it took many times to get through the process. I finally got to pay and the register rung up $1399.
The salesperson looked at the fine print under the description in the ad and pointed out the price on the "Sporting" was shown as $1399. It was not identified as the only way to get the 30" barrel however. I declined the upcharge and left the store with a useless new charge card.
Two people witnessed this entire process and told me they hate to go to Bass Pro, but had a gift card to redeem. After seeing how I was treated, they were thinking of throwing their card away and going Cabella's.
I will never go back to Bass Pro.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Layout of Store|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Sales people who are not aware of their advertising and pricing
You May Also Like
- "The stucco is falling off our house and cracking, nails appear through the stucco. Lennar completed their destructive testing and caused even more unsightly stucco issues. The HVAC..."
- "This is second deep dish and third stoneware piece to crack in half while baking!! Calked customer service and since it was replaced once it cannot be replaced again! I'm..."
- "I bought many thousands of dollars worth of merchandise when Aliexpress was accepting Paypal. Of my hundreds of orders two of them were canceled because the seller could not ship...."
- "This review is about an experience I have had with my local Jewel Foods store, located at Grand and Hunt Club Rd. in Gurnee. A month ago, I asked that..."
- "Thank you, 304monarch, Typically I'm pretty good at not feeling shameful in regards to google price checking or looking at product reviews I need in front of whoever before purchasing..."
- "I just received my package today. I was really excited about my new shoes until I opened the box. The box was well packed though. When I opened the box,..."
- "The reason for this message today is that I ordered my food through the drive thru jack in the box on sepulveda and border. We finished the small ice coffee..."
- "they added V.O.D. and extra 50 on internet and more for same phone plus the installation charges. The best way to get this fixed is call the FCC and write..."
- "Ordered 16 pink rosebuds for niece's 16th birthday. What arrived was 8 pink and 8 white fully bloomed out roses. They requested pictures which I sent them 3..."