2.7

5/31/2017 - I was charged an erroneous amount during an on-line purchase. During the online order, the Bass Pro web site accepted and processed a promotional code for $20 off when purchasing $100 or more.

However, when the charge was put through, the $20 promotional discount was not credited. This is the second time that this has happened to me at bass pro. I believe that Bass Pro has some coding errors on their web site that is allowing the credit of promotional codes that once the order is processed, don't get credited to the purchase. This amounts to a bait and switch situation to the customer.

They think they are buying merchandise for one price and are being charged a higher price.

I requested and received a cancellation and refund, but how many costumers don't even notice the error. The consumer protection agency should investigate Bass Pro Shops web sales.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bass Pro Shops Deal.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Preferred solution: fix your web site so if a promotional code is not valid it is clear to the consumer..

Comments

BassProShopsCares

Good morning, Anonymous. We apologize for the issue that you encountered while attempting to redeem a promotion on the website.

Please email details to basspro@custhelp.com so that we may assist further.

We look forward to hearing from you. -BNM